Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Expectations, not Resolutions

New York New Year's was a hit.


We made a skyline

Built some fancy New York architecture

Ate delicious New York inspired cuisine

A marvelous time was had by all


I don't remember the last time I made a New Year's resolution, then actually followed through with it. However, I do have some expectations (you may even call them goals) for the coming year.
  • Lose 23 pounds (this is not an arbitrary number, and not a lofty goal either. 12 pounds will get me to my pre-pregnancy weight, 23 will get me healthy.)
  • Completely potty train Elliot and Astoria. Elliot is halfway there...
  • Run a 5k.
That's all i'm going to commit to right now. As much as i'd like to say that i'm going to write 500 words a day, save 10,000 dollars, and send thank-you cards to everyone who probably deserves one... i know how unrealistic that is.

Here are ten random things for today:

  1. I always feel like i'm going to be judged by the checkout attendant based on what i buy when i go to Wal*Mart. Retail employees: Do you judge people based on their purchases?
  2. Rousseau is adorable, even when she barfs 15 times after every feeding.
  3. I'm seriously considering buying a pair of roller skates. I watched Whip It last night and am already trying to come up with roller derby names. Mary Macabre is the only decent one i've thought of so far. Or Violet Riot. Do you have any good ones?
  4. I started reading The Giver for the book club i'm in. It's not at all what i expected. It makes me want to go back and read all the Utopian society fiction i've read in the past and look at the way they use language. I'm so nerdy. Love the book so far.
  5. Ghost Town is, in my opinion, the most underrated film of the last year.
  6. Now i'm thinking that i'd like to make a top ten list of movies from 2009. next post maybe.
  7. This is officially day 3 of "2 months of Hell" Right now Blair is working full time, doing his student teaching, AND coaching basketball. I basically have no husband right now. But if we can get through the next two months, we can probably get through just about anything. So you know, we've got that going for us.
  8. Am I the only one who actually likes Weezer's Raditude? Or Maladroit for that matter?
  9. Last night Elliot threw up, which is sad. Funny thing I noticed though? Astoria has never woken up in the middle of the night to throw up. Elliot does it once every other month or so, but Astoria apparently has no interest in it. Which is kind of nice.
  10. iTunes Alphabetical Adventure is now to Buster Voodoo by Rodrigo y Gabriella. Acoustic guitar flamenco rock = severe awesomeness

1 comment:

  1. Ghost Town is hilarious. It totally got the shaft.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love