Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blog Stalking

I'll admit it. I am a blog stalker. In a totally non-creepy way of course.

I'll also admit that i'm completely obsessed with blog comments. I feel totally worthless if I post a blog and no one comments on it. Don't even pretend you don't feel the same way. So i'm debating whether or not it would be a good idea to go out and start commenting on the blogs I stalk. If it were me, i'd be totally excited and pretty flattered that some random person found my ramblings interesting enough to comment on.

What do you think?
Should I take my stalking public?
What would you do? ( <--- this is my shameless attempt to coax some comments)


I'm to the D's now in my alphabetical adventure. Daisy by Brand New just ended, and i'm now on Damn Girl by All-American Rejects. I had to take a mini break this morning though, because it was absolutely necessary to listen to the new Vampire Weekend album in its entirety at least twice. It is ridiculously ambitious, and I love it.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE BLOG STALKING!!! As you already know. But I must admit, I am much more of a lurker than a commenter, although I DID have a random person comment on my blog the other day! It was totally awesome. So I say, go for it! Perhaps you will make a new internet friend (I've always wanted one of those). There. My two cents.


    Now you can go comment on my last post. No one has yet, and yes, I feel completely lame. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have to say that when someone would comment on my blog, I would almost always immediately go to theirs and read what they'd been posting lately. It's a little dual back-scratching thing for people like us.

    (Ignore the fact that my blog is defunct.)

    P.S. I just misspelled stuff in the first one. It was nothing different/important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blog stalk too. Every day, I can't stop either. You should comment, that way people know you are out there and then they will comment back to you.

    It's all about the comments dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are fabulous, and I love keeping up on you and your awesome family. And I love posts as well....and stalking. lots of stalking. I've tried to do more posting. Its hard to admit when i have a problem, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brave to make such a confession. I would find it hard to say it in such pleasing manor. Blogs are like new cloths and fashion is a fickled thing. Sometime we wear what we want no matter what others think. Sometimes we feel naked.

    I'm reminded of "Go Dog Go" by Dr Susses, "'Hello,' 'hello,' 'Do you like my hat?' 'I do not like your hat.' 'Good-by,' good-by'."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was unhappy about my last comment. (I need an editor) It did not convey the lighthearted fun feeling in you blog, nor acknowledge that you touched on a common need for everyone to be recognized.
    Keep reading and writing, I call it research not stalking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I followed you here because you commented on my blog, and I thought that it would be appropriate to comment on this particular post:) I've enjoyed perusing your blog, and since you seem to like lists, here's one for why I think we could be friends.
    1. You're friends with Katie, and she has good taste, and I miss her insanity.
    2. I have 3 other friends with pink highlights, and one with completely purple hair, so that would not prevent me from talking to you.
    3. My grandma was on a roller derby team, so maybe it's in my blood. I don't know what her official name was, but suddenly I feel desperate to find out!
    4. The fact that you think the square root of 4 is rainbows leads me to believe you are of above-average intelligence, and I enjoy smart people.
    5. You commented on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love