Friday, January 28, 2011

Balancing Act

I had every intention of posting all about my adventure in a timely manner, with all sorts of pictures and other awesomeness. Instead you get the bullet point version. Sorry charlies.

  • I ate Fenesjan at a delightful Mediterranean restaurant. My waiter was delightful and gave me my order of Athens fries to-go for free. 
  • I jumped on the beds at the hotel.
  • I met Scott Shriner outside of a Starbucks in the Hard Rock Hotel. Yes that IS the bassist for Weezer. Yes I do have a picture. Yes it is on my friend Trent's camera, and no I do not have it as of yet.
  • Weezer was so amazing, I can't even talk about it. Just kidding. I will totally talk about it for days on end. 
  • Brian Bell forgot to play the Sweater Song and moved right on to Surf Wax America. Rivers set him right.
  • Slide show intermission with old photos of the band, including one from the tour in Utah 1997 with No Doubt. (My first ever concert) That was pretty rad.
  • Encore featuring Rachel Haden from That Dog singing "I Just Threw Out the Love of my Dreams" (she was freaking adorable. I wanted to put her in my suitcase)
  • Stayed up till forever with Trent and Brittni and all the random silliness that happens on late nights. Lots of giggling and singing of Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Got an @ tweet from Sam Means (from the Format. Go look them up. NOW) about the concert,

AND THEN...

  • Transmission blew 
  • stranded in the middle of the freaking Nevada desert for 2 hours
  • Rescued by Trent and Brittni
  • Food poisoning
  • Eye infection

So all in all, things evened out.

1 comment:

  1. i always plan on having a mini nervous breakdown when i get back from trips. The universe has to re-set...you can't have all that fun for nothing, right?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love