Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yay for School

Okay, for serious this time.



See? Very serious.

I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit concerned about sending Elliot off to school. She is one of the youngest in her class, and she likes to get super emotional about things. Not stupid little things like her mom abandoning her with a class full of strange kids or anything irrational like that, oh no, she gets diva-ridiculous when she is playing with five dolls, and another kid asks to play with just ONE of them. Okay Elliot. Calm down dance?

But so far (2 days in) she is doing absolutely splendid. As far as I know that is...



So. Remember THIS???


Well, my deadline was yesterday and I still have 30 pages to go in Tale of Two Cities.
you know what this means?
I'm 99% the awesomest person ever. Close enough.

So, I loved having a summer list and a deadline. I ended up swapping out a couple books here and there by the end of it, but for the most part having a list to go to worked well for me, and kept me always looking forward to something. I'm trying to make my next list a little more diverse, but let's be honest, I'd probably rather read things that I know I'll enjoy instead of making a list of books that smart people think I should be reading. So there smart people.

How did your summer reading list go?

I will post my chosen books to finish up the year by the end of the week.


And just to send you off on a delightfully random note: here is Astoria on a typical day.
She is a Zebra-Lion. And probably a princess Zebra-Lion who has to eat 5 apples and jump over a hundred rocks before she can make the baby zebra-lions wake up and take her to the ball.





Okay. Sounds good Stori.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe. Zebra Lion. Wow, someday I'm going to take that kid out for some espresso shots or something and see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love