Friday, August 6, 2010

"I am a very fierce Tiger-Frog"



Playing with my kids is the tops, and Astoria comes up with the best quotes.



1. I am behind. 100 Years of Solitude was pretty amazing, but it took a HUGE chunk out of my reading time. I have 4 books to finish by Aug 30th. Guh. Blair was doing well for awhile, but gave up. Here's my feeling on it all: Reading is neat, and the summer reading list for me just fits in with my penchant for making lists as well as being the absolute LEAST competitive person I know (heh). So I'm moving forward with my fall/winter reading list as soon as I've finished up the summer ones. I think I also like having a list of books because I'm usually at a loss of what to read, and I've been referred to so many good ones that this way I can easily keep track of what i'd like to pick up.

2. THIS BAND. IN 3 WEEKS.

Blair is the best. Ever. Not metaphorically.


Something Corporate has been been on hiatus since 2005, and don't get me wrong, I love me some Jack's Mannequin... but SoCo is better. There. I said it. SoCo is better.




3. I like rain. I really do.

4. My AMAZING friend Katie C. sent me the coolest gift EVER.

Rainbow Brite Pencils, Magnets, and Post-its. She rocks.



5. So yesterday Blair and I just for fun re-watched the season finale of Glee. Blair IS Will Scheuster. No question about it. Then after that We (he) went through like 10 different episodes fast-forwarding to our (his) favorite songs. Blair is a huge nerd.

6. It's possible that Junior Mints are the best candy.

7. Watched Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian with my kids again last night.
THIS is my FAVORITE part of the entire movie.

8. My Mamma and Aunt Jeanette came to visit this past week. It was delightful! I do so wish they lived closer, and it also made me crave a trip with my own sister.

9. I'm having a couple 2for1 nights at my Zumba class this month, so if you're in town Aug 19th or Aug 25th, come shake it with me, and bring a friend!

...


10. Okay, I saved this for last because it is very very important. I need this. No, you don't understand. I really need this.


SO much so that I've seriously considered putting a "donate" button on this blog in order to raise the money.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World opens in 2 weeks, and I'm going to dress up. I've never dressed up at a movie premier before, so yeah. It's that big of a deal. When did I become such a gigantic nerd? Ugh. I blame Blair. And Joe Willis, of course. :)

4 comments:

  1. As I am making my way through The Iliad at a glacial pace, my reading list has withered on the vine. (How's that for a mixed metaphor?) And now I'm substituting other random books for the ones on my list. But I love summer, reading, and making lists, so yeah.

    I love me some Junior Mints.

    I'm not sure you can blame Blair and Joe for your huge nerdness, though I'm sure they haven't helped any. (And, yes, I know "nerdness" isn't a word, but I like it better than nerdiness.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you seeing SoCo at? I agree, So Co is better. But I do live the new Jack's Mannequin cd, the Glass Passenger.

    Also, we are going to Scott Pilgrim Thursday in Austin. I am wearing a blue wig. Very excited about this. I hope it works out!

    That's it. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you put a link to that movie clip. I'd forgotten that bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little bean looks like she might be a redhead. Is this true? my #3 is a redhead. They could be redheads together. That is neat.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love