Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hoot Hoot

This is me


This is also my entire family.

As fancy as it is to be owls, it's not actually conducive to what most people refer to as "real life". You know, where people have to go to school and work and actually be there on time; instead of dropping your 4-year old off at preschool twenty minutes late and then deciding that a crappy Hostess danish is really the best choice for breakfast because that's really the most appetizing thing you saw at the gas station on the way to work. (On a side note, it was super gross. That'll teach me.)



So when exactly do I come to that magic place where my kids go to bed before ten? Or where I leave the house with Elliot at quarter after nine and the rest of my household (The coach included) isn't still completely zonked out?

In other slightly owl-related news. I started reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to Elliot. Am I starting too young?

2 comments:

  1. Never too young for Harry.

    By the way, hearing from you that an English degree is ALWAYS a good idea was hugely great - it actually influenced my college decision. How weird and cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first two or three books are okay, but once you start will you and Elliot be able to stop when the books become more dark and adult? Just my two cents.

    I'm such a night person, but now I have to be an early morning person, and it is awful.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love