Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reading Update

Recently, the book group I was in disbanded. Which affects me greatly since I didn't attend any meetings. Silly. So a couple spots were left open on the list. One has been filled with the Scott Pilgrim series. Partially in preparation for the film, which looks ridiculous, and partially in response to the urging of C. Joe. I trust his judgment when it comes to comic books.

The other spot on the list is still open. I'm still deciding what to fill it with. My plan is that my fall/winter reading list will be a bit more diverse. But I may not be ready to diversify just yet. It's okay though. I'm old and set in my ways. :)

I do like rounded corners.

2 comments:

  1. Elliot looks so big in that photo! I can't believe how grown up she is becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: reading suggestions.

    Little, Big by John Crowley may be one of the best books I have ever read. It is also one of the most difficult books I have ever read; you will need a dictionary by your side too. Still, if you're up to the challenge, I think it's highly rewarding.

    White Noise by Don DeLillo is an excellent work of postmodernism and a biting satire of mass culture.

    The Secret History by Donna Tartt is one of my favorite books. I've read it like five times.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love