Thursday, May 6, 2010

Adendum

In response to my husband having recently finished Blood Meridian, I have decided to modify my list a wee bit. Perhaps someday I'll still get around to reading it, but... not right now. From what I understand, the writing is amazing, the dialog is amazing, but the subject matter is a little more intense than what this silly, sensitive mommy is willing to undertake at the moment. In its place I've decided to read a couple Sherlock Holmes novels, thanks to a rather kind and thoughtful gift from my excellent father.

I haven't done ten things in, like, a hundred years.

1. The amount of money I spend each week in diapers has officially dropped by 30%. About freaking time.

2. Remember how my husband is wonderful and awesome? Look what he got me for Mother's day:
And look at the result of this gift:


Bang. One down.

Thanks Blair

3. A conversation that took place today as the girls and I stopped by a field to look at some sheep:
Me - I hope those baby sheep remember to say happy mother's day to their mama sheep.
Elliot - MOM! Sheep don't say WORDS!
Astoria - How does a sheep say happy mother's day? BAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAA!!

Then we laughed loudly, and scared some sheep.

4. Toasted coconut banana macadamia nut chewy granola bars.

5. I got a new calling yesterday. Primary Activities Coordinator. Oh don't worry, I'm still teaching Sunday school too. Thanks.

6. Severely irritated with USPS right now. Seriously guys.

7. My obsession with Mo Willems is getting out of hand. Yesterday the girls and I wrote our very own pigeon book with illustrations and everything. It even has hot dogs in it. (What?!? WHAT?!?!?)

8. Blair is on his 5th day of no soda. In honor of this momentous feat, I celebrated with a rather large Dr. Pepper. You stay classy Maryposa.


9. I am teaching my first (kind of) Zumba class on Tuesday. I am totally unprepared, moderately mortified, and possibly questioning my decision to do this. However, I do have a dance choreographed to a Vampire Weekend song, so you know, i've got that going for me.

10. I'm pretty sure Blair has found his own "Personal Legend" (read The Alchemist) Wish I knew what mine was.


Last of all, in honor of Mother's Day, here is my most favorite poem on the subject. Please enjoy.


Go now! Read it!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what a personal legend is, but I want one! Also, The Alchemist is on my summer reading list, so I will know what that means soon enough.

    "The Lanyard" is amazing. Hooray for Billy Collins.

    I like your sewing machine, and that you taunt your husband by drinking Dr. Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Congrats on your new beautiful tool of wonderfulness and joy. And CONGRATS on finishing your first quilt. It looks amazing. I can't wait to see number two. :)

    And I wish I could be at your zumba class and feel like a nerd watching you dance like a champ. You'll be awesome.

    Happy mother's day missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, quite frequently, about how vampire weekend would be perfect for Zumba. Even though I've never done Zumba. Also Black Eyed Peas.

    I liked the alchemist. What is his personal legend? My personal legend is to be a stuffy student for the rest of my life. ya.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love