Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Dance

Ten things that are making me deliriously happy today.

1. I cannot get enough of summer. It is beautiful outside. It is just the tiniest bit breezy, it is hot and dry, and the sky is the most perfect cloudless blue behind the bright vermillion mountains.

2. This amazing veggie sandwich from The Grind.

3. Thanks to a brilliant effort by Team Einfeldt, my house is miraculously clean (for a few minutes, anyway)

4. The sound of my daughters singing the Star Wars theme song at the top of their lungs.

5. A summer full of Blair. I really, really like having him around this much.

6. Extra ice in my beverage.

7. My nerdy anticipation for Harry Potter, Midnight in Paris, The Muppets, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, and the Hobbit movies.





8. Sore muscles. Nothing beats the feeling of knowing that you worked hard.

9. My almost-5-year-old asking for a backpack for her birthday, so she can take it to Kindergarten.


10.  Anything by Mo Willems, Mercer Mayer, or Arnold Lobel. My most favorite children's authors/illustrators. (Especially Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Liza Lou and the Yeller Belly Swamp, and Frog and Toad are Friends.) I have to read Liza Lou in the most ridiculously fake southern accent I can possibly manage. It's basically required.

P.S. Are we friends on Goodreads yet? If not, find me. It will be lovely.

4 comments:

  1. "frog and toad are friends" is one of my absolute most favorite books! i used to have it listed on my facebook info page as one of my favorites! isn't it the greatest?! and i love mercer mayer too. and mo willems...

    i also love barbara cooney and i also find the little rabbit stories by kate klise and m. sarah klise to be charming.

    sorry, children's lit is a favorite subject of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! I just - like, ten minutes ago - got back from Midnight in Paris. I don't know what the rest of my party thought, but I adored it. I'd never seen any Woody Allen before, and I think I ought to hunt some more down.
    And, jeez! I'm dying for hobbits and Harry. I wonder if it's healthy to get so frantic about movies. Good for the heart, maybe? Gets it some exercise.

    You have such a cheery blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moses, I can comment on your blog again! HOORAY!!!
    And now that I can, I can't think of anything good to say. Except that that Harry Potter poster makes me want to cry. And I think your daughters are awesome. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're comments always make me laugh. utah was like a blink and then we were home. but it's true, if you're mormon, there is ALWAYS people to visit in utah.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love