Thursday, June 16, 2011

If you really want to know the truth...

S o m e  .  T h i n g s 

1. I'm reading Catcher in the Rye, and I'm about ready to swear to never say "sort of" again in my life.

2. Blair is out of town this whole week at a basketball camp. The house is much cleaner and the girls and I eat healthier, but I have no one to watch Mad Men with. It's pretty lame around here when he's gone. 

3. I've tried to get into cool hipster music, (like The Decemberists, and everything my dear friend Brittni listens to) but I just can't do it. It puts me to sleep. I blame all the seriously awesomely loud (and not so loud) punk rock I grew up listening to. I mean, how could you not feel amazing while listening to this, or this, or maybe even this? And definitely this. I know this makes me sound totally old and not hip. Well, I am old. So there.

4. I hate potty training. Hate it.

5.I was going to make this a ten things, but Astoria is sitting next to me whining about playing starfall.com. "I need you to give me a turn, I need you to give me a turn. Because I need a turn. And you didn't ask me if you could play on the computer, and mommy, now I need it to be my turn "

Also, This was in my neighborhood:


Apparently, the Death Eaters have made their presence known in my town.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, LOVE The Decemberists. Obviously. Especially this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-fC-iQjg8
    Mmmmm.....
    But I have to say, that Blink 182 video took me back. High school all over again. My brother and I actually went to this awesome old costume shop in Charlotte the day before Halloween one year trying to find a giant banana costume. It was already rented out. So instead we painted the upper half of his body green and he wore an old pair of my pants that we shredded and he went as The Incredible Hulk. The best part was that we accidentally locked him out that night and he had to climb into one of the upstairs windows in the middle of the night. As The Hulk.

    Wait, so if I like The Decemberists, does that make me a hipster???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this makes me feel a bit better - I can't get into hip music either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you told us Astoria's comments! haha
    I always liked "All the Small Things" thanks to you. but I had never seen the video before. Ewww. I guess i am definitely old so you don't need to worry about being old. Not a fan of the whitey Tightey part. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean Catcher in the Rye is sort of good? Somehow I never read it in my teens either.

    Don't say old and unhip. Claim it as vintage! Sometimes I have a hard time getting into cool hipster music too, but mostly that's because I'm hopelessly devoted to Tori Amos.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love