Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Manderley





It's been raining for 3 days straight









After my kids go to bed, I listen to the rain in the dark.








I'm reading Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. It is the quintessential read on a rainy day book. The only downside, is that I don't really want to do anything else.






I've been picking lavender from the garden a few houses down from Elliot's preschool. I have a little bundle drying in my car. (You know, it kind of masks the odor of having three rather smelly, albeit adorable, kids in the car)




It's time to pull my sewing machine out again. I want to make some little pouches for my lavender so I can have a sweet-smelling underwear drawer (which would be more effective if the underwear actually made it TO the drawer. More like sweet-smelling underwear laundry basket.) Also, Astoria is going to be Alice for Halloween. I'd better get on that post-haste.



The soundtrack to all this rainy-ness has been the newest Jimmy Eat World album, Invented, and Something to Write Home About by the Get Up Kids (it is soooooooo good, but also makes me feel kind of old. I don't think anyone listens to the Get Up Kids anymore, which is really really sad.) Also this amazing cover of Radiohead's Creep (look out kids, it's got an f-swear)







I Like October.

4 comments:

  1. So far, October has been absolutely dreamy. Today (all day) I made granola. And that's pretty much all I've eaten too. And it's delicious. I guess I'm a true granola girl. :) Anyways, chilly weather makes me want to bake. That's why I mentioned the granola....
    Miss you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Alfred Hitchcock. I think I will go for the DVD.

    Did you know that your dad lived in Cornwall for 9 months?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love October! I can't wait to get back to Rebecca, but I have to finish Murder On the Orient Express and two Westerns first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these pictures. They are perfectly lovely. And I can't wait to see that Alice costumer! It will be so stinking adorable.
    And, in response to the soupness: unfortunately, I did not have use of Jeff's recipe. Sigh. But it did still turn out pretty darn good! He is just some sort of soup savant. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love