Friday, October 22, 2010

2 Very Important Things

(this one is going to be long. you may want to get a snack.)



I'm not the only one that just can't seem to get a handle on October, right? It is always busy, and yet I'm always surprised when it gets here and running around like an insane asylum escapee screaming out nonsensical things like "JAM SANDWICHES!" or "RAFER ALSTON!" while attempting to shove a bacon and peanut butter casserole into the dishwasher because my brain has stopped functioning and I no longer remember how to prepare food.



Last weekend Blair and I had a party. A no-kids-all-day-awesome-sauce-happy-6-years-of-marriage kind of party.





Do you see how hot this man is? No wonder I said "Ok i'll marry you"... after 2 weeks of knowing him.





I made him a scavenger hunt. And with the help of some very very dear to my heart friends, was able to pull it all off. (Brittni and Joe, y'all are my heroes!)






That was last week.

***

TODAY...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTORIA!


(adorable, even when she's stealing my hot chocolate)


This kid is 3. and she is amazing.
At risk of sounding like one of those annoying braggy-pants moms... you have never met a kid as awesome as this.





Fun Facts:
  • She can read. No seriously, like whole books. (her first one was I Love My New Toy (an Elephant and Piggie book) by Mo Willems) And she's been doing it for the last 4 or 5 months. I would love to take credit for this, but in all honesty, I didn't do anything. She is OBSESSED with the ABCs, and has a redonkulous photographic memory. (now if only she would use that memory to find our lost hard drive remote...)
  • She tells people at church that she is "Cinderlella"
  • She attempts to sweep my floor while pretending to be Cinderlella or Snow White. This could turn out to be awesome...
  • Last night after I told her she looked lovely she said "Right?!"
  • Gives the BEST smooches. No battle. (sorry kids #1 and #3)

But unfortunately she has the terrible burden of not only being the middle child, but also having her birthday fall one week after her parents anniversary, and one week before Halloween. And therefore pretty much gets the shaft when it comes to birthday parties.

I'll let you know how it goes.

OH one last thing... The next post will be EPIC AWESOME. So prepare yourself.

(Thanks to Joe and his camera for the pictures!)

3 comments:

  1. You made a Scavenger Hunt for your Anniversary?! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary and happy birthday to Astoria. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love