Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Ninja Quest

Me and my sister-wife. I love this picture.
For the last couple weeks, my darling friend Brittni has been staying with Team Einfeldt. It has been lovely. I like to refer to her as my sister-wife, and I'm terribly disappointed that her sojourn with us is ending. Brittni and I were English majors together, we also worked together for about three years as business and technical writers for a computer education company. Also, she is wonderful and I adore her.

Last night, Coach Blair was telling us about the day's basketball practice, and about a kid on his team who expects to be a starter, but isn't putting in the extra time and effort to be the kind of player he wants to be. "You can't just play for 4 months out of the year and call yourself a basketball player. That's just not how it works. The kids who do well on the team are the gym rats who play because they love it, and play and work on their game whenever they get a free minute." I've heard Blair say things like this a hundred times, but it wasn't until Brittni mentioned something about it later that night that I realized that it applies to me too. "How can we claim to call ourselves writers if we don't actually write?" That Brittni is a smart cookie.

So we have decided to resurrect the Ninja Quest. It is a little silly game we devised a few years back in order to give each other writing prompts, and post them on a little blog. Most of the stuff is, well, it's practice. Meaning it's probably not very good (mine especially) but the point is to just be writing things again. Thanks Coach and Brittni for being so awesome.

p.s. anyone is welcome to be a ninja, if you are in to that kind of thing.

2 comments:

  1. Blair and Brittni are right. So will any of this Quest stuff be posted on this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maryposa!I love reading your blog! I think this is such a great idea! I have always felt that I am a writer at heart (at least in some sense) but I rarely have the opportunity or the non-befrazzled brain (I know that's not really a word, but it works well in my vocabulary) to really get anything out. Kudos to you and your cute friend for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love