Monday, December 28, 2009

The French Woman who Lives in the Jungle

I know i'm not exactly the greatest at posting things frequently... but this time I actually have a legitimate excuse.

Her name is Rousseau Evangeline Einfeldt

Statistics:
Girl
7 lbs. 10 oz.
18 1/2 inches long
Beautiful.
Lots of dark red hair, and dark eyes
Little mole on her left knee. (it's freaking adorable)
Name is pronounced roo-SO e-VAN-gel-een
She was named after Jean-Jaques Rousseau, a French philosopher, and incidentally, the character Danielle Rousseau from LOST. Evangeline is a poem by Longfellow (As well as a character in the film Nanny McPhee... though I probably shouldn't be admitting to that :) )


Enjoys:
Milk
Spitting up on her parents
Her loving sisters
Angels and Airwaves
This picture would be great if it weren't for the fact that Elliot was a little less than diligent in keeping Rou's head up. ")


The birth story is as follows:
She took her sweet time getting here. I was induced on December 8th, (4 days after the due date) and while the pitocin definitely got things started, it didn't do much else, except make me throw up. As with my other two girls, I chose NOT to get an epidural (a topic which I have VERY strong feelings about, but probably should not go into at this time. Let me just say that bragging about natural childbirth is like bragging about being a vegetarian or running marathons. Yes it is awesome, and yes you should get a gold star... but as much as you'd like it to be, it's not for everyone). Once She finally decided to come out (10 hours later) it was very very quick. I pushed once. Did you read that? ONCE! It took less than 2 minutes. Wow. I attribute it all to prenatal Yoga and Pilates. ;)

For the last 3 weeks we've been enjoying our little french woman. Elliot is beside herself with happiness. We are constantly having to tell her to stop touching, patting, and trying to pick up the baby. But it's better than the alternative i guess. Astoria loves her, but is a little bit more concerned with the baby cutting into the attention she feels she needs. Blair loves his little cat-napper, and is happy to hold her after spending the first week of her life so far away (I took the girls to SLC with me for a week after she was born).


As for me, i'm tired (obviously) but recovering nicely. I've been to the gym only once so far, but i am really antsy to get back in the habit. I'd also like to fit into my clothes again someday. I'm back at work, but only a little.





My iTunes alphabetical adventure is now to Believe by Yellowcard.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Momma Mary! She is absolutely beautiful! I wish that I had known you were in salt lake so we could have visited with you. When are you coming back to salt lake again? We need to plan a play date. You are my hero for going through that labor with pitocin and no epidural- I tried to go as long as I could with Lily's labor that way and had to give up, but like you said it's not for everyone:) Congrats again!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love