Thursday, October 13, 2011

And I said Hey. What's going on

"When I'm a stay-at-home mom I'll have plenty of time to blog." - FALSE.

So if not blogging, what exactly have I been up to these past few weeks? Other than accidentally leaving comments on people's blogs while still signed in as my husband?

1. Unholy amounts of laundry. Where are all these clothes coming from? Dear everyone who is teleporting your dirty clothes into my laundry baskets: that is so weird. You should really stop doing that.

2. Hanging out with the world's most radical five-year old.Is she kind of a little bit of a tom-boy? Maybe. But I prefer to think of it as a girl who likes awesome things like superheroes, Harry Potter, and Star Wars, in addition to awesome things like gymnastics, soft toy animals, and pink things. Recently she drew me a picture of a scene from Thor. Complete with Frost Giants, a feast for Odin and Thor and all their friends, and a battle on the Rainbow Bridge (the Bifrost). The last book she checked out from the library was a Norse Mythology book. Yes. I am rather proud of her, thanks for asking.


3. Loving but also hating my hair. Here's the thing, it's long. Like really, really long. Most of the time I love it. Except when it's my 6th Zumba class of the week, it's a disgusting sweaty mess, and I think "what, you mean I have to go and wash AND dry AND do something with all this? No. that is garbage. I'm going to destroy it with kitchen shears in about 4 seconds." Then I come to my senses and realize that if I chop my hair off before the new year, my Christmas card photo will be a lie.
See? It's long. And please excuse the lack of makeup. It's a weekday.

4. Reading too many books; on my own and with the girls, but that is okay.

5. Preparing for Octoberpocalypse. That magical stretch that involves an anniversary, a birthday (Astoria), Halloween (and it's, like, 12 accompanying Zumba parties. guh.), and the return of basketball season for Blair (Bye Coach. See you in February.)

Rou brings me a shoe - "Deedle deedle deedle SHOOOOO??" As soon as the shoe is on - "Deedle deedle Buh-bye!!" Because, obviously, shoes = going buh-bye.

3 comments:

  1. I hate laundry. a lot.
    Can one ever really read too many books?
    Who knew Halloween meant 12 Zumba parties? Not me. Have fun with Octoberpocalypse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty Mary picture. I love your long hair but sympathize. This is the time of year I usually chop off my hair (or in the case of the last two years, put it in a ponytail and tell my brother to just cut it right off). By the way, don't forget our awesome Halloween party your kiddos are invited to. Friday before Halloween. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa your hair is long! i'm jealous! you're hot stuff.

    i love rou's special language.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love